Is the commons society really putting hope into practice?
Are artificial volcanoes going to stop global warming?
Elevate #10 inspires and explores such unpredictable, interconnected questions, helping us creatively respond to a world evolving under crisis. This is the tenth edition of Elevate, an international festival of music, arts and political discourse held every year in Graz, Austria.
We hear from more than forty experienced thinkers, artists and activists, including: Amy Goodman (DemocracyNow!), Antonino D’Ambrosio (Let Fury Have The Hour), John Holloway (Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla) and Shoshana Zuboff (Harvard Business School).
Whether through Hopeability, Creative Response or L.O.V.E, the message is clear: We all need to Elevate.
What’s in the book?
Over 50,000 words of views and analysis from sociologists, politicians, economists, musicians, film-makers and countless others on everything from the state of our democracy to the state of our farms and our creativity.
- Think Crisis, Think Hope with John Holloway (Professor of Sociology, Puebla University)
- Elevate Democracy with Birgitta Jónsdóttir (Icelandic Pirate Party MP)
- Elevate Socio-Ecological Transformation with Pat Mooney (ETC Group)
- Creative Response/Ability with Antonino D’Ambrosio (Director Let Fury Have The Hour) and Ursula Rucker (spoken word artist)
- Research for Transition with Michel Bauwens (P2P Foundation)
- Everything is Connected with Amy Goodman (Democracy Now!) and Nafeez Ahmed (Crisis of Civilisation)
- A Million Things You Can Do…
… plus much, much more and many, many others!
Get your copy today
It’s really important to me that you have my book. I worked so hard on it and am so proud of it, that I want you to have it, no matter what. Pay what you want, but even if you have no money, please take a copy today.
When you’ve finished reading, please do leave a review either in the comments below, or on Goodreads. You are the reason why I do this and it’s always nice to hear what you think.
pps: If you’re looking for more inspirational Elevate reading, you can download or buy the 2013 book, Elevate: Open Everything?