2018 is over and it’s time for me to reflect on what the heck has happened on this blog in the past year.
In 2018 this humble blog somehow garnered 18,218 views from 12,064 visitors. Bearing in mind that up to 60% of web traffic is ‘fake’, this is remarkably similar to 2017.
I published 85 new blog posts in 2018, including 29 about Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl.
However, the most-visited blog posts from the past year were very familiar, proving that – one exception aside – my best content is behind me. 🙂
- Hypnagogia: How to Dream like Thomas Edison (Published in 2010, 2,343 views)
- Vipassana Meditation at Dhamma Dipa: What I didn’t do (2010, 924)
- Charity or Solidarity? (2015, 850)
- Experiments in Publishing: Unbound Crowdfunding (2016, 747)
- Lessons from 10 Years of Hashimoto’s Hypothroidism (2018, 660)
- Bob Dylan and William Shakespeare: A Reference Guide Part I (2010, 655)
- Vipassana Meditation at Dhamma Dipa: What I did do (2010, 572)
More Stats From 2018
- I did 13,111 press ups
- I did 1,633 minutes of yoga
- I ran 755.7km over the course of exactly 100 runs
- I spoke to friends 806 times
- I wrote 292,593 words in my diary
- I spent 1,533 hours and 50 minutes on my computer (data recorded from Valentine’s Day): an average of 4 hours 47 minutes a day. According to global RescueTime data, this is about average.
- About two thirds of that time was what I’ve deemed to be ‘productive’. According to the same RescueTime data, this is above average.
- I read 41 books (a personal best since records began in 2013, beating 37 in 2014), including 17 fiction (also a PB, beating 11 in 2013) and 24 non-fiction
- I visited 26,251 unique webpages (a few more than this, actually, but it’s a good estimate)
Here’s to another year of reading and writing!